Job by Kerchanshe Equipment
Accounting and Finance
Gelan, Addis Ababa
Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Background of Kerchanshe Equipment
Kerchanshe Trading PLc is a fully independent Ethiopian coffee farming and exporting enterprise. It has decided to broaden its company and has recently signed a Trademark agreement with Caterpillar to officially represent and distribute the Caterpillar Brand in Ethiopia. It is the only Company in Ethiopia having such official distribution rights for Caterpillar Equipment.
The commercial name for this division, which is fully owned by Kechanshe Trading PLC, is Kerchanshe Equipment. Kerchanshe Equipment is in charge of distributing and supporting construction machinery, parts, power systems, and material-handling equipment across the country.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain monthly checklist and ensure that all transactions are processed into the Ledger after month end,
- Extract all monthly reports and ensure their accuracy from the eCoda,
- Prepare and circulate all Monthly Management Reports as per set timetable,
- Prepare any other reports required by management,
- Ensure that the Trial Balance is reconciled to the Operating Statement and Balance Sheet on a monthly basis,
- Maintain a copy of Trial Balance, Aged Debtors by cost center, Aged suppliers Listing and Work in Process in a file for each month.
- Consolidation of local budget files and Preparation of the Annual company budgets,
- Update management on the budget process and circulation of budgets to Budget team and local Management for approvals,
- Maintenance and filing of all budget working papers,
- Ensure that a Capital Expenditure Report/ Capital Disposal Report (CER/ CDR) is prepared for each addition or disposal of Fixed Assets and that all approvals are obtained,
- Review expenses monthly and advice management where there are variances to the budget.
- Ensure expense allocations is made to correct account codes,
- Month end review of all postings to ensure expenses are properly posted,
- Follow up expense analysis as per management request,
- Ensure that any misallocation of expenses identified during expense analysis is corrected.
- Ensure that reconciliations are received from the responsible Accounts staff for each account and a report is produced on compliance on a monthly basis by the set deadline.
- Preparation on a timely basis of monthly VAT returns,
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT accounts,
- Coordinate VAT audits for Refunds and from KRA,
- Update management on any changes in VAT legislation to ensure that the company does not incur any penalties.
- Supervision and on the job training of Cost/Asset Control Accountant and Assistant Accountant (Ledger Accounts & Inter-Company)
- Ensure that on a day to day basis the Cost Accountant and the assistant accountant are performing their duties to the required standards,
- Ensure that the Cost Accountant and Assistant Accountant get appropriate on – the – job training to increase knowledge and understand of responsibilities,
- Carry out end of year performance management process.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management
- Monthly Cash flow forecasting and advice to management on requirements.
- Review daily cash balances and payments to monitor usage of cash resources.
- Ensure petty cash controls are adhered to.
- Verification of petty cash expenditure and approval as per set authority schedule.
- Departmental heads,
- Sales function heads
- All territory employees
- High level understanding of management, financial and business practices
- High level of Information Technology and Computing
- Strategic awareness
- Ability to administer to a multidisciplinary workforce
- Honesty and discretion
- Ability to speak and write English
- Numerate and with strong financial analysis acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Holder of a University degree either in Business, Finance or Accounting from a reputable university
- At least 7 experience 5 of which must be heading a finance role in a similar setup
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized ERP software
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computer especially Microsoft office applications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants may send their resume directly at email@example.com
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.