Job by Project Mercy
Health Care, Management, Social Sciences and Community
Yetebon, Butajira, SNNPR
Senior Level (5+ years experience)
15,000 – 17,000
Project Mercy Ethiopia is an international non-profit humanitarian organization working in different regions of Ethiopia to improve the well-being and livelihood of people (especially children) in rural communities. We are seeking to hire an experienced, highly motivated, and qualified person to fill the position of Assistant dean for Project Mercy Health Science College. The incumbent will be responsible to assist and inform the Dean in all matters of administrative and academic concern. He or she will also responsible for coordinating CPD trainings as well as managing the college library. In addition She/he will be responsible for administering all aspects of health college students and school information systems as established by federal, state, administrative, and academic entities.
Principal Duties include:
Assistant Dean responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establishes and managed the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) program
- Assist in all matters concerning the professional development of faculty and/or their recruitment and evaluation.
- Advise and assist in the planning and development of the college or school
- Assist in developing and improving school/college policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and act as administrative
- Account and facilitate school/college supplemental allocations to departmental budgets.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of written documents such as reviews, reports, curriculum, course proposals
- Act as resource person for students, and provide counsel in problem areas.
- Backs up the Dean of students
- Perform related duties as assigned.
CPD responsibilities include but not limited to
- Prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document CPD training activities in the organization
- Following the national guide line plan, design and implementing CPD system.
- Assess and identify internal and external CPD training needs
- Partner with stakeholders(Ministry Health, Regional HealthBureau, accreditors,) regarding CPD training
- Identify appropriate CPD training modalities
- present training programs using recognized training techniques and tools
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure CPD training effectiveness
- Track and report on CPD training outcomes
- Provide feedback to program participants and management
- Maintain CPD training activity records and report to Ministry Health, Regional Health Bureau and accreditors.
Registrar responsibilities include, but not limited to
- maintaining health science college students’ physical and electronic records
- managing the health science college students’ and school information system
- managing student course registrations and schedules
- reporting grades
- issuing transcripts, coordinating exams and Certificate of Competency (CoC) testing
- supporting the colleges programs and policies
Librarian responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- collaborating with faculty, teaching information literacy
- maintaining and building books and reference collections (both print and electronic)
- facilitating connections to resources outside of the college
- developing and managing the library budget
- maintaining all library records and coordinating course materials
Incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining collaborative working relationships with institutional leadership, faculty, and staff. She/he will perform other duties as needed.
Workplace/location: Yetebon, Butajira (approximately 150 km from Addis Ababa)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and Amharic language
- Strong organizational, inter-personal and communication skill
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate and skilled in maintaining databases
- data gathering and analysis
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Self-motivated and strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, prioritization, and time management skill
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Work experience as registrar/librarian and CPD coordinator
- Work experience as instructor and trainer
- knowledge of CPD learning management systems
- Good IT knowledge
- work experience in NGO or similar setup
- Work experience in a rural setting
- Bachelor degree and /or above in health science fields, management and other related social science fields from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of first degree in health science fields and a renewed professional license is mandatory
- A minimum of five years’ relevant experience
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com on or before the deadline.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.