Job by Senselet Food Processing PLC
Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
Main purpose of the job
Controls the food safety activities of the plant; plans and executes the quality control and food safety programs of the department. Follow up and control food safety management systems implemented in the plant are maintained. Carries out the performance evaluation of subordinates
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe and act on safety rules and regulations while performing his/her duties
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices, use appropriate glove, working cloth and mouth mask as required
- Implement food safety requirements and procedures at all times
- Report problems(s) with regards to food safety management system to identified person(s)
- Making sure that Safety rules and regulations are respected while performing duties
- Controls the quality of the product in the plant is based on the five categories of food safety control principles.
- Controls the food safety activities followed meet the standards and procedures set by the Senselet/PepsiCo international.
- Supervisees the quality control and food safety activities of subordinates assigned in various area of the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring overall Food safety of raw material and product according to national and international parameters
- Working closely with the factory agronomist to ensure Food safety
- Follow up and maintain cleaning and sanitation programs, develop and review cleaning schedules, and implement these along with section supervisors.
- Manage and maintain an effective pest control system.
- Coordinate FSSC system development, implementation and follow up
- Supervises the over whole food safety activities of the plant
- Prepare SOP’s, Procedures, programs and other food safety documents and follow up their implementation
- Initiate internal audits according to the scheduled program to ensure compliance with AIB, HACCP, FSSC and follow-up on correction action plan/deviations.
- Follow up and control food safety management systems implemented in the plant are maintained
- Carries out the performance evaluation of subordinated
- Design and prepare additional formats and procedures for quality assurance and food safety activities to be approved by Concerned bodies
- Discusses arising quality problems with concerned supervisors and suggests remedial action.
- Initiate and follow up internal external trainings
- Act as quality control and food safety department manager in the absence of the manger
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Job Grade: L 5
Work Location: Tulofa
Reports To: Quality Manager
Experience & skills required
Education: Minimum B.SC Degree in Food science, Food Engineering, Food science and Nutrition, Applied Chemistry and another related field.: Having B.Sc in Hygiene and sanitation is a plus
Experience: Must have 5years of Experience in FMCG and 3 years in supervisory level
Language: Able to speak, read and write in English
Computer: Basic use of computer applications
Required Functional Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge on FSMS, HACCP, FSSC 22000
- Energetic, self-starter, organized and ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Ability in the application of computer packages
Required Leadership Competencies
Growth potential: Has high curiosity for learning
Relationship building potential
- Shows trust & integrity
- Is inclusive & respectful
- Works in collaboration with others, from within and outside
Style of Execution: Is results oriented
Agility: Is flexible
Thinking style: Forward thinker
How to Apply
Note: Use ” Food Safety & Quality System Coordinator/Supervisor ” as the subject line of your email
Oct 9, 2022