Job by Allure Communications
Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Allure Communication is looking for a professional creative director for its video and pre – post production (VPP) team. VPP provides digital video content for development and support teams,
The creative director will oversee the development of engaging short-form and long-form branded content for our production. We’re looking for a highly creative, well rounded individual who can generate great ideas and follow them through to completion.
This is a dynamic and growing part of our studio as we seek to engage and communicate with our players through new channels.
You must possess strong visual storytelling skills and highly developed senses of color, composition and graphic design, as well as a keen understanding of current design and style trends. You must have the ability to inspire and collaborate with a team of producers, creative editors, graphic artists and clients in the development of content that is engaging, entertaining, on message, and on brand.
- Work strategically with VPP’s director and forge creative leadership to ensure work is delivered with the highest levels of creativity and production value, and that it meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Act as creative lead for all projects, partnering with clients, producers, film crews, editors, graphic artists, and sound designers to achieve the finished product.
- Provide creative targets for all team members on a project.
- Work with clients to develop strategies and generate new ideas around these strategies.
- Develop and pitch creative concepts to teams and other departments to proactively fulfill needs for content.
- Assist in creative problem solving at the initial request stage, offering creative ways to accomplish the requestor’s needs within their project constraints and budgets.
- Write creative briefs, outlines, scripts, and interview questions.
- Guide and direct film, video and photo shoots, and conduct filmed interviews.
- Ability to make and edit storyboards
- Work with and guiding editors during projects, provide creative direction, and participate in client reviews.
- Working with sound, provide creative direction on music development and mixes.
- Be a “hands-on” creative director with a full knowledge of Adobe Master Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Film, Media, Communications, related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience as Creative Director or Associate Creative Director at a video production company, advertising agency, or branded content production company
- Demonstrated history of high-quality, high-impact video content creation for online audiences
- Deep understanding of established and emerging trends in content consumption and audience habits
- Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to direct multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A passion for video making movies, graphic
- Professional experience as a Creative Art / Design / Illustrator
How to Apply
Send through Ethiobs or email firstname.lastname@example.org with Creative Director – Video Production in the title
Required Application Materials
- Date of Availability
- Salary Expectation
- Please provide online portfolio that includes amazing designs, extensive broadcast experience, and strategic thinking